Renewing a Passport
Renewing a Ten-Year Validity U.S. Passport Application
1. Fill out Form DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport online or by hand. Please note that you:
- Must provide your SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or denial of your application
2. Submit Form DS-82 in Person or proxy
- You must make an appointment via U.S. Citizen Services Appointment System to submit Form DS-82 in person or proxy at the Embassy
NOTE: If you are renewing a ten-year validity passport that has not yet expired or expired less than two years ago, and your name has not changed, you may send another person to the Embassy to file the application for you.
If you do this, provide this person with a signed letter of authorization stating that you permit them to file a passport application on your behalf. You must sign Form DS-82 yourself; no proxy is allowed. Please note that if the Passport official has any question about your eligibility for a U.S. passport, you will be required to appear in person.
3. Provide One Passport Photo
- To avoid processing delays, be sure your photo meets all Passport Photo Requirements
- When submitting Form DS-82 in person, your photo should not be attached to the form
4. Pay the Applicable Fee
- US$110, payable in U.S. dollars or Brunei dollars equivalent in cash only
Renewing a Five-Year Valifity U.S. Passport Application
All applicants under age 16 should follow the instructions at Applicants Age Below 16 webpage to renew a five-year validity passport.