Lost or Stolen Passports
Report Lost or Stolen Valid Passport Immediately!!
If your passport has been lost or stolen, contact the Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan's Consular Section at +673-238-4616 or ConsularBrunei@state.gov, as quickly as possible to report the loss, in order to minimize the opportunity for someone else to use your passport for illicit purposes.
Before you can have the passport replaced, you must also report the theft or loss to the Royal Brunei Police Force and obtain a copy of the report that they prepare.
To Replace Your Lost or Stolen Passport
1. Fill out Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport online or by hand. Please note that you:
- Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Consular Officer
- Must provide your SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or denial of your application
2. Fill out Form DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport
3. Submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in Person
- You must make an appointment via U.S. Citizen Services Appointment System to submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in person at the Embassy
NOTE: There are special submission requirements for All Minors Under Age 16
4. Submit a copy of the police report showing you have reported the loss or theft to the Royal Brunei Police Force
5. Pay the Applicable Fee
- US$135 for adult or US$105 for minors under age 16, payable in U.S. dollars or Brunei dollars equivalent in cash only
NOTE: Once a passport is reported lost or stolen to the Embassy, it is immediately and automatically cancelled to prevent mala-fide travelers from using it. Even if you recover your passport, it must be replaced, as you will experience significant problems if you attempt to use it to travel.